Sunday, July 22, 2018

Birthday Edition!

Well, I don't have much to say this week. Another week full of change and adventure and stress and maybe particularly surprising, no bikes. I still haven't got my bike completely together after crashing last weekend, that will be a project for tomorrow.



I've lost most interest in traveling to race the rest of this year. I'll probably spend some time learning my skills a bit better at Martin on Monday's, as I begin to think about next season and starting the year fresh and fast, hopefully to be able to move into Category 3 rather early next season, hopefully by May.

This winter I'm considering buying a new frame and building it up with all the components that I hand-choose to be a racing machine next Spring. I'm moving towards a lighter bike so I can be a bit more of an all-around threat. I feel like that is where I need to be moving towards, instead of just hoping for a sprint-finish, I want to be the one pushing the pace and causing the pain during races. I want to work on being very quick, I also need to lose like 10 pounds by next Spring, something I think is doable, as long as I can stay away from the Oreo's.

I'm ever hopeful for next year, it's been a very exciting year and learning how to race and what to do and not to do, I'm hoping that knowledge will carry over into many future races.

Cheers! CE

No comments:

Post a Comment