Sunday, April 22, 2018

Is School Done Yet?

Good evening,

I am very tired and I have a lot of homework and I won't have much time to write tonight. I raced at Notre Dame today and I can't help but feel a little disappointment beginning to set in. I think it is important for me to realize this is only my second race this season, and I have a lot more ahead of me. In today's race there were some tight corners and two tight turns at the very beginning. Elliot was at the race as well and we lined up for the race behind everyone, so we never really had a chance to get in the lead group. I'm sure if we would have started more towards the front and were able to get through those first few turns quickly, we could've hung with the front group, it was just not meant to be today.

I finished with the third group on the road, coming in second in the third group, probably around 10th overall, although I haven't seen the results posted yet. I'm not super thrilled with this, and I felt like my level of fitness today merited a better  result. Elliot made a move coming around the second to final turn and it worked very well, as I was not able to get around him in the sprint, so I'm thinking I should make a move early coming towards the finish and I don't think anyone would be able to get around me.


4/14 Eagle Creek Crit, Indianapolis, IN 12th Cat 4/5 (29)
4/22 Notre Dame Crit, South Bend, IN 12th Cat 4/5 (29)
4/29 Ann Arbor Spring Training Series
6/3 Cobb Park Crit, Kankakee, IL
6/9 BTR Crit, Kalamazoo, MI
6/10 Race for Wishes, Lawton, MI
6/15 Zeeland Crit, Zeeland, MI
7/15 Corktown Crit, Detroit, MI

Things I learned
---------------------
Try to start towards the front, give yourself a chance to stay with the main group
Make a move early towards the end and keep the speed high, no one can get around you

This was the beginning of the race, don't let this happen again

This was the last sprint, Elliot made a nice move around the last corner and I was never able to catch him, close though!

Looking forward to next weekend! I'll be leaving Kzoo around 4 Sunday morning and racing at Mooresville, hoping for a good result as that course has a tough climb and may play to my strengths.

*Update (4/26): Couldn't register for Mooresville so going to Ann Arbor on Sunday to race!!

Cheers! CE






No comments:

Post a Comment